“What in the World” Quiz – Answers & Winners
Congratulations to this week’s “What in the World” quiz winners.
Week of April 4th Winners
Katherine Lybarger, Lille, France
Yezzie Dospil, Cleveland, Tennessee
Benjamin Effinger, Franklin, Tennessee
Meg Franklin, Nashville, Tennessee
Patricia Paiva, Nashville, Tennessee
Richard Bowers, Nashville, Tennessee
Well done all!
Thanks to everyone who played the quiz.
Good luck next week to all.
The quiz is open to everybody.
If you’re among the weekly quiz winners you’ll be entered in a drawing for the month’s end prize.
April “What in the World?” Quiz Prize
This month’s prize is the gift of a Friends and Family membership to the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. The membership, valued at $100.00, is valid for one year and the benefits include:
UNLIMITED admission to the museum galleries and Taylor Swift Education Center for TWO named adults and children ages 12 and under in your household.
FREE access to hundreds of museum programs, including weekely songwriter sessions, instrument demonstrations, film screenings, and family programs.
EXCLUSIVE member exhibit previews and special events, including the member appreciation concert The Big Gig.
COMPLIMENTARY 2 single-visit admission tickets for guests.
DISCOUNTED tours of Historic RCA Studio B, home of 1,000 hits, and Hatch Show Print, Nashville’s legendary letterpress shop.
10% DISCOUNT at The Museum Store, Circa, Hatch Show Print store, Bajo Sexto, and Two Twenty Two Grill.
SUBSCIPTION to Inside the Circle email newsletter and montly postcards.
We thank the Country Music Hall of Fame for their support of global affairs awareness and education in the community.
To get an edge on each week’s quiz make sure you’re following @TNWAC on Twitter. The current events posted there are the basis for the “What in the World?” quiz.
Also make sure you’re getting our newsletter (here’s the free subscription link: http://eepurl.com/gt6dn)
Check for the answers below. How did you do?
“What in the World” Quiz – Week of April 4, 2016
1. A magnitude 6.9 earthquake struck near which Pacific island nation?
2. Fighting broke out this week over the region called Nagorno-Karabakh. This region is disputed by which two nations?
A. Azerbaijan and Armenia
B. Azerbaijan and Iran
C. Azerbaijan and Georgia
D. Azerbaijan and Russia
3. Thousands protested in which European nation this week over a proposed abortion ban?
4. Amid continued tensions in the South China Sea, a submarine from _________ made a port call in the Philippines this week.
A. United States
C. South Korea
5. Hundreds of thousands of people in France this week protested which proposed law ?
6. An improvised explosive device, apparently planted by an Islamic State affiliate, went off outside of which Saudi Arabian city on April 3?
7. A piece of airplane debris found washed up on the shore of which Indian Ocean could be part of Malaysia Airlines’ missing MH370 ?
8. British architect Zaha Hadid passed away on March 31. She was the first woman, and the first Muslim, to win which prize for her designs?
B. Thomas Jefferson
D. Prix de Rome
9. The President of which war-torn nation said that he would be willing to leave office, if he thought it would end the conflict in his country?
A. Central African Republic
10. The leaders of which two nations stated that they would sign the Paris Agreement on climate change as soon as it’s available?
A. France and Germany
B. India and China
C. United States and China
D. China and Germany
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THE QUIZ, ESPECIALLY WITH STUDENTS WHO MAY BE PARTICIPATING IN THE TN WORLD AFFAIRS COUNCIL ACADEMIC WORLDQUEST.
Check your global affairs awareness every week with ten questions taken from news reports over the previous week. In addition to reporting in a variety of sources we highlight them on Twitter — @TNWAC #tnwacquiz. Follow us @TNWAC to keep up with global developments and Council events.
To get in on the quiz make sure you’re getting TNWAC emails (here’s the free subscription link: http://eepurl.com/gt6dn) and make sure you’re following @TNWAC on Twitter.
THANKS TO THE SPONSORS OF THE TNWAC WEEKLY QUIZ
Country Music Hall of Fame, Nashville
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @TNWAC
The Tennessee World Affairs Council is a nonprofit (501c3), nonpartisan educational charity based in Nashville that works to build understanding of global issues in our communities. Learn more about the Council and find how you can join, donate and volunteer at: www.TNWAC.org — Join / Donate / Volunteer