Don’t miss TNWAC’s SUPER Tuesday Webinars — Global News Review with Dick, Breck and Pat with Guest Dr. Thomas Schwartz at 2pm CT and “Global Dialogue” — Global Energy and the Book “Crude Oil, Crude Money” with Thomas Lippman” at 7pm CT
Weekly Listing of Digital Programs
Presented by the network of World Affairs Councils of America
You Are Invited
~~~Support TNWAC – Text to Give ~~~ Text ‘Give 10’ to 844-959-2934 ~~~
If you appreciate what we’re doing for our community please add your gift to make these programs possible. Your support is needed to offset the severe impact of the pandemic on our finances.
Or Text to Give
Send Text “Give 10” to 844-959-2934
- Los Angeles World Affairs Council and Town Hall hosts Ambassador (ret.) John Emerson, Chairman of the American Council on Germany, and William Drozdiak, Senior Fellow at the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution, for “A Bastille Day Discussion“.
- World Affairs Council of Seattle hosts Donna Hrinak, President of Boeing Latin America and Canada, and Michael Camilleri, Director of the Peter D. Bell Rule of Law Program at the Inter-American Dialogue, for “An Update on Latin America.”
- World Affairs Council of Charlotte hosts Aditya Bhave, Senior Global Economist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, for “COVID-19 and the Global Economy.”
- World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth hosts Professor James Carter, Saint Joseph’s University, and Jonathan Kaufman, Director of the School of Journalism at Northeastern University, for “Shanghai and Hong Kong: The Past and the Future of China.”
- World Affairs Council of Philadelphia hosts Professor Wilfred Reilly, Kentucky State University, for “What Are the Approaches to Police Reform?”
- Tennessee World Affairs Council hosts Professor Thomas Schwartz, Vanderbilt University, for “Global News Review.”
- Tennessee World Affairs Council hosts author Thomas Lippman to discuss his book Crude Oil, Crude Money: Aristotle Onassis, Saudi Arabia, and the CIA.
- World Affairs Council of San Antonio hosts a panel of experts for “A Closer Look at Bastille Day.”
- World Affairs Council of Atlanta hosts Ambassador André Haspels, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to the U.S., for “U.S.-NL Relations.”
- Upstate International hosts General (ret.) John Allen, President of the Brookings Institution, for “Leadership in These Turbulent Times.”
- World Affairs Council of Greater Houston hosts Richard Haass, President of the Council on Foreign Relations, to discuss his book The World: A Brief Introduction.
- Global Minnesota hosts Tom Hanson, Diplomat in Residence at the Alworth Institute for International Affairs at the University of Minnesota, for “Artificial Intelligence and Data.”
- World Affairs (Northern California) hosts Steven Pifer, William Perry Research Fellow at Stanford’s Center for International Security and Cooperation, for “Where Is Russia Heading in 2020?”
- World Affairs Council of Hilton Head hosts Ashley Jenkins, Recycling Educator and Coordinator for Beaufort County, for “Summer Forum.”
- World Affairs Council of Albuquerque hosts Professor Erika Monahan, The University of New Mexico, and Professor William Wohlforth, Dartmouth College, for “Putin’s Grip on the Reins of Power and Other Topics of Interest.”
- World Affairs Forum (Stamford) hosts journalist James Blake for “Rethinking the Connection Between Immigration & International Security.”
- World Affairs Council of Monterey Bay hosts Mike Clancy, member of the Citizens’ Climate Lobby, for “The Effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Climate Change: A Silver Lining?”
- World Affairs Council of Austin hosts a panel of experts for “Utilizing the Austin-Area Foreign Trade Zone in Turbulent Times.”
- World Affairs (Northern California) hosts Elizabeth Cousens, President and CEO of the United Nations Foundation, for “The United Nations and Collective Action in a Changing World.”
- World Affairs Council of Jacksonville hosts Aundra Wallace, President of the JAXUSA Partnership, for “Economic Development & Recovery Through the Lens of COVID-19.”
- World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth hosts Richard Haass, President of the Council on Foreign Relations, to discuss his book The World: A Brief Introduction.
- World Affairs Council of San Antonio hosts Katsuo Nishikawa, Director of the Center for International Engagement at Trinity University, for “Instagram Live Discussion.”
- Indiana Council on World Affairs hosts Associate Professor Wendy Vogt, Indiana University-Purdue University, for “Great Decisions: The Northern Triangle.”
- Los Angeles World Affairs Council and Town Hall hosts Professor Dan Schnur, University of Southern California, for “Politics in the Time of Coronavirus.”
- World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth hosts author Daniel Silva to discuss his book The Order.
- Santa Fe Council on International Relations hosts a panel of experts for “State of the State Department Round 4: Ambassadors Speak Out!”
- World Affairs Councils of Atlanta hosts Michelle Nunn, President and CEO of CARE USA, for “COVID-19: Effects on Women and Girls.”
Text to Give
Send Text “Give 10” to 844-959-2934
THANKS TO SOUTHWEST AIRLINES FOR SUPPORT OF ACADEMIC WORLDQUEST 2020
THANKS TO BELMONT UNIVERSITY’S CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
THANKS TO THE NASHVILLE AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS COUNCIL
THE MISSION of the nonprofit, nonpartisan Tennessee World Affairs Council is to promote international awareness, understanding and connections to enhance the region’s global stature and to prepare Tennesseans to thrive in our increasingly complex and connected world.
THE VISION of the Tennessee World Affairs Council is a well-informed community that thinks critically about the world and the impact of global events.
Learn more about the Council and find how you can join, donate and volunteer at: www.TNWAC.org —
Tennessee World Affairs Council
Fidelity Hall 304A, Belmont University
1900 Belmont Blvd., Nashville, TN 37212