Join us today for #GivingTuesday: a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. As the year weighs on us all, there has never been amore critical time to reflect on, and appreciate, the importance of global affairs discourse.
Any amount helps us to continue to engage the public and leading global voices to better understand the world, America’s international role, and the policy choices that impact our daily lives and our future.
At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths and political views together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on.
Your World Affairs Council is a unique organization in Tennessee.
The Council is a nonpartisan, educational, nonprofit association that works to inform the community on global affairs and to inspire youth to be prepared for a future where their connection with the world will impact their security and prosperity.
Please support our work in the interest of public service.
Your donation goes to:
- Supporting TNWAC to carry out its educational initiatives like the Distinguished Speaker Series, special programs like the “Election 2020” series, “Global Nashville,” and more virtual programs that connect you to the world.
- Supporting TNWAC to carry out its educational initiatives like the Academic WorldQuest high school challenges, the “What in the World? Weekly Quiz” series, the Tennessee Global Scholars program for students, the International Careers and Jobs panels and the weekly Global News Review for students.
- You can give in one of several ways:
- Mail a check to the TNWAC Office (Fidelity Hall 304A, Belmont University, 1900 Belmont Blvd., Nashville, TN 37212)
- Pay with a credit card via the donation button above
- Call Pat Ryan at 931.261.2353
- Make a bequest to the Tennessee World Affairs Council to create a lasting legacy
With the passing of the CARES Act, most individual taxpayers will become eligible for significant tax benefits for charitable contributions made this year. Two of these benefits will be:
- A $300 Above-the-Line Charitable deduction, meaning that individuals who do not itemize their deductions will be eligible to claim up to $300 of charitable deductions in 2020, on top of the standard deduction.
- Modified Limitations on Cash Charitable Contributions – for 2020, the 60% AGI limitation on cash contributions to 501c3 organizations, such as TNWAC, is suspended.
The Tennessee World Affairs Council is designated an IRS 501c3 Tax Exempt organization registered as a charitable group in the State of Tennessee.
THE MISSION of the nonprofit, nonpartisan Tennessee World Affairs Council is to promote international awareness, understanding and connections to enhance the region’s global stature and to prepare Tennesseans to thrive in our increasingly complex and connected world.
THE VISION of the Tennessee World Affairs Council is a well-informed community that thinks critically about the world and the impact of global events.