Academic WorldQuest is the flagship youth education program of the Tennessee World Affairs Council (TN WAC) and the national network of World Affairs Councils. It is a team game testing high school students’ knowledge of international affairs.
The TN WAC is organizing a WorldQuest competition for Tennessee high school students to encourage global affairs awareness education. The Council will assist teams in preparation and organize two matches: a fall match on NOVEMBER 21, 2015 AND the state championship match, hosted at Belmont University FEBRUARY 21, 2016. The winning team in Tennessee will advance to the National Championship match in Washington on APRIL 23, 2016, with transportation and lodging provided by the Tennessee World Affairs Council.
- 2015-16 Tennessee AWQ Program Information
- 2015-16 AWQ Study Guide (PDF)
- 2015-16 Competition Rules – How to Play
- 2015-16 National Competition Details
- AWQ Sample Questions from National Championship (PDF)
- AWQ Team Pledge Form (PDF) ***New
ACADEMIC WORLDQUEST – NATIONAL COMPETITION DETAILS
The Carlos and Malú Alvarez 2016 Academic WorldQuest
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2015
The newly named Carlos and Malú Alvarez Academic WorldQuest National Competition honors the tremendous dedication and philanthropic support of WACA National Board member Carlos Alvarez and his wife to our flagship program and the Academic WorldQuest Endowment Fund. (For information on making a gift to the AWQ Fund, please visit the WACA website).
The national Academic WorldQuest competition is attended by more than 225 of the nation’s most promising students, along with their parents, teachers, and chaperones. The 3-hour competition is a unique opportunity for many students to visit the nation’s capital for the first time. There is a weekend of substantive programming to enhance the experience.
Examples of Past National Competition Weekend Activities:
- Embassy Receptions
- Speeches by ambassadors
- Discussions with experts of competition topics
- Panel discussions with university faculty about careers in international
- Performance by African Dance troupe and other cultural activities
- Opportunities to socialize with students from across the country and international students who are invited as special guests to the competition