Launch Your Own Birthday Fundraiser on Facebook for Your World Affairs Council
DO YOU HAVE A BIRTHDAY THIS MONTH? FAMILY, FRIENDS, COLLEAGUES?
Now you can add the power of your Facebook page to your toolkit of fundraising for the purpose of global affairs awareness in the community.
TNWAC is registered with Facebook for fundraising.
Help your friends celebrate your birthday or set up a fundraiser in the name of a colleague, friend or family member.
To start, open your Facebook account and visit this Facebook page:
Please make sure to select Tennessee World Affairs Council.
- The nonprofit you want to raise money for.
- The amount of money you want to raise.
- The date you want your fundraiser to end.
- A title and description for your fundraiser.
- SELECT AN AMOUNT OF MONEY for your campaign goal consistent with the number of Facebook friends you will reach and the potential for donations.
- SETTING AN AMBITIOUS GOAL is suggested, perhaps using a number keyed to your birthday number. If you’re about to turn 39, maybe $3,900 is a good goal.
- INFORM FRIENDS ABOUT TNWAC so they know the important purpose their donation in the name of your birthday will go. Tell them about our mission and vision.
- LET US KNOW you have launched a personal Facebook fundraising campaign through email to: info@TNWAC.org
THE MISSION of the nonprofit, nonpartisan Tennessee World Affairs Council is to promote international awareness, understanding and connections to enhance the region’s global stature and to prepare Tennesseans to thrive in our increasingly complex and connected world.
THE VISION of the Tennessee World Affairs Council is a well-informed community that thinks critically about the world and the impact of global events.
Learn more about the Council and find how you can join, donate and volunteer at: www.TNWAC.org —